We all want the cheapest flights possible! Whether you are a seasoned travel or just about to take your first trip, there are some tried and true tips for finding the cheapest days to fly and getting the best deals on airfare. One of the easiest ways to save is to buy at the right time.
Using the My Trips Dashboard:
- Shop on Tuesday: Tuesday at 3 PM Eastern is the best time to buy. Airlines launch sales on Monday and all the other airlines with overlapping routes will match those prices by Tuesday.
- Don't Shop too Early or Late: For flights in the United States, shop between 3 months and 30 days before departure. For International flights, shop between 5 ½ months and 1 ½ months before departure.
- Always Compare Airfare: Cheap airlines don't always have the best deal, and no airline always has the cheapest prices.
- Fly the Cheapest Days: In the United States, it's usually cheapest to fly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. For International flights, it's cheaper to fly on weekdays.
- Fly the Cheapest Route: Always compare the price of a non-stop with a connecting flight.
- Book Group Travel One Ticket at a Time: A quirk in airline reservation systems means that multiple tickets sold in a single transaction must all be the same price.