It is important to have all travel information and documents when traveling. Be sure to have a copy of all your tickets and information, as well as an emergency back-up copy, when traveling.
- Travel Visa: Some destinations require a visa when traveling. Be sure to file for your travel visa in a timely manner before your trip.
- Passport: Passports are required for international travel and are convenient for domestic travel as well. Be sure to apply for your Passport in a timely manner to ensure it arrives before you depart.
- State Driver's License or Local Identification Card: A local license or identification card can come in handy when traveling.
Itinerary Information and Tickets
- Airline Tickets: Be sure to have your airline information and ticket available in either a hard copy or digital form.
- Cruise Line Tickets: Don't forget to take a copy of your cruise tickets with you.
- Hotel Reservation Information: Be sure to have your hotel information and reservation either in a hard copy or digital form.
- Car Rental Reservation: Have a copy of your car rental reservation with you as well.
- Any Event Tickets: Take copies of your event tickets with you as well.
Currency and Payment Options
- Credit and/or Debit Cards: Before leaving, make sure your credit card and debit card companies are aware of your travel plans. Call their customer service or go online to set a travel notification. Be sure to save their customer contact information in case you have an emergency when traveling and have a backup copy of your card information.
- Cash and/or local currency: Make sure to get cash before leaving on vacation to avoid any potential fees and to have a backup payment method.
- Vaccination Records: Some destinations require vaccinations. Be sure to get all necessary vaccinations and have all records available when traveling.
- Health Information: If you have medical needs or any possible medical emergencies, make sure you have all your medical documents with you. Be sure to have emergency contact information as well.